Child and Youth Services
Are you passionate about making a difference in the lives of
children and youth, and want to support their positive growth
through complex life changes?
Social Work Services Welcomes You to This Exciting Time in Your Life!
Learn about “adoption home study” here. Adopting or gaining custody of a child or several children is exciting, but can be very confusing.
EMPOWERING YOURSELF SERVICES
What Does a Social Worker Do?
The day-to-day responsibilities vary depending on the role, however all social workers help people manage challenges in their lives. Job responsibilities include:1
- Identifying individuals, families, and communities in need of assistance
- Assessing clients’ needs
- Responding to crisis situations
- Developing and reviewing service plans
- Developing and evaluating programs and services
- Researching, referring, and advocating for community resources
- Maintaining case files and records
- Helping clients adjust to changes and challenges
- Following up with clients
- Addressing legal issues, assisting with hearings, and providing testimony
What is a Home Study?
The adoption home study is a detailed written report of your family, compiled and prepared by a social worker.
How to Have a Supportive Conversation
Carifika Canada has partnered with Caconsultants Services to
help provide Community Counselling, mental health & trauma
services, groups that support health & wellness